Spices can be challenging on a boat, between heat, humidity and limited space. But they add so much to your dishes!
I love spices and have written a number of articles relating to storing them, making your own mixes instead of using packets, the ones I consider essential and even a couple of lists of spice names in foreign langauges.
The articles below form a bit of a mini-series on spices in the galley. Hope you’ll find them helpful!
- Storing Spices & Mix Packets
- Spices in Foreign Languages: PDFs
- Fresh Herbs and Spices vs. Dried
- Using Fresh Basil
- Favorite Spices
- Flavorful Food with Less Salt
- Cajun Seasoning
- Make Your Own Taco Seasoning
- Check Your Spices – 10 Minute Project
- A Leading Cause of Dead Spices
- Flavoring Pastes
- A Great Way to Store Spices
- Stop Spices from Clumping
- Storing Fresh Ginger
- Big or Little Containers?
- Do You Want a Not-So-Hot Hot Sauce?
- Got a Dropper Bottle?
- Spice List English-Indonesian
- Bag Your Spices
- Too Many Spares on Hand?