Prior to buying our own cruising boat, Dave and I chartered several times in the British Virgin Islands, Alaska and Turkey. Those trips, and numerous times on friends’ boats, were a wonderful introduction to the lifestyle . . . as well as teaching us so much!
I know that I had tons of questions before our first charter. You too? Below, I’ve gathered together links to a number of articles here on The Boat Galley, along with some other resources.
- Boat Cooking Is Different
- The Galley in Motion
- How Much Water?
- Charter Meal Planning
- Propane 101
- Chartering? Take These!
- Fresh Fish on a Bareboat
- 14 Simple Steps to Organizing Your Galley on a Charter
- Charter Provisioning in the BVI
- Cockpit Lighting on Charter
- Easy Boat-Friendly Salads
- Travelling with Electronics
- One Quart Zipper Bag
- Seasick . . .
- Super-Easy Cockpit Light
- Dividing Expenses on a Charter
- Where Do You Keep the Seasick Meds?
Cruising World has an extensive online directory of charter companies and brokers, many being smaller companies that you may not otherwise be aware of
Wherever you go and whatever boat you’re on, you’ll have a blast!