Buffalo Wings Dip
Buffalo Wings (aka Hot Wings) are almost traditional while watching football games. They’re great for almost any get together, actually. But if you can’t get a bunch of actual wings, this dip is a great alternative . . . and it’s easy to make on a boat. You can even use canned chicken!
If you’re in a remote anchorage and have satellite radio or an SSB that can get Armed Forces Radio, invite the neighbors over!
One of our fondest memories is this NASCAR party “aboard” Amazing Grace, anchored off Candeleros Bay, just south of Puerto Escondido in the Sea of Cortez. We cranked up the cockpit speakers and lounged in the water with noodles and PDFs to keep cool in the 100+ degree weather, occasionally crawling out for food and fresh drinks!
|Buffalo Wings Dip||
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 (6-ounce) cans chicken chunks OR 2 chicken breasts, cooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light is fine, but not fat free)
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing OR ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (to taste, depending on brand of sauce used and personal preference)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese OR other cheese that will melt
- Shred chicken and place in a baking dish, approximately 8 inches square (will also work in a loaf pan, but bake an extra 5 minutes to compensate for it being thicker).
- Pour hot sauce over chicken, mix well to coat evenly and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the cream cheese in a saucepan over low heat. Add the salad dressing and mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chicken. Mix well so that all chicken is coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- Remove, but don’t turn the oven off. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Best served hot, but also good cold.
Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, pita wedges or veggies such as carrot or celery sticks.
Want more boat-friendly recipes? Check out The Boat Galley Cookbook with over 800 recipes or get a free PDF sample of it with 30 recipes: