Roast veggies are a favorite of mine, but somehow the flavor and texture is just never the same when I try to cook them in a skillet. Once again, the Omnia Oven to the rescue — it’s just like fixing them in a conventional oven.
Read more about the Omnia here or buy it from Amazon.
Using the Omnia, the veggies aren’t steamed as happens with a skillet or making them into packets on the grill.
Roast Veggies in the Omnia Stove Top Oven
- 4 cups vegetables — peel, seed and cut into 1″ pieces (Particularly good veggies include carrots, sweet onions, green beans, potatoes (any type), mushrooms, parsnips, turnips, sweet peppers)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (OR canola oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon spice mix (Mrs. Dash or Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- Preheat the Omnia base plate over high heat for 3 minutes.
- At the same time, toss the veggies in a bowl or sealed plastic bag with 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil. When veggies are well coated with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic or spice mix that you like, such as Mrs. Dash or Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Put the veggies into the food pan (they should only fill it about halfway) and cover. Set the pan on the heated base plate. Leave the burner on high for 1 minute, then turn it down to medium-high (on my stove, 5-1/2 of a possible 7).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, very briefly take the lid off and stir the veggies using a silicone or nylon spoon or spatula to keep from marking the pan. Don’t be surprised as steam vents from the pan — this is to be expected and what gives the veggies the good taste and texture.
- Veggies are done when fork tender. Some will be golden. Serve hot!
Our FREE Provisioning Spreadsheet
Wondering how much of what foods to take on your next trip? Know just how much to buy of what — all arranged by grocery store aisle — with our handy Provisioning Spreadsheet. Includes detailed instructions to edit it for your favorite foods, how much your family eats, and how long you’ll be gone. No spreadsheet skills needed!
It’s FREE — get it here.