I’ve always loved Three Bean Salad and it’s extremely boat-friendly, but it’s not exactly low carb. So I created a version that’s diabetic-friendly. Be sure to watch portion sizes as almost anything can have too many carbs if the portion is too large.
In this recipe, the tomatoes and green onion are the things to watch for in particular — both can cause blood sugar spikes if too much are used. If I am making this salad for a larger group, I’ll use half green beans and half wax beans for a variety.
I’ve written before about the sugar substitute Allulose. I like it better than others. It tastes better, fully dissolves and for cooking and baking will brown just like sugar. It does not raise my blood sugar as it is not metabolized. As far as I know, you can only buy it on Amazon.
Keto Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup Allulose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted olives (Kalamata are best)
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, including top
- Mix dressing ingredients in a container that can hold at least one cup. Stir until Allulose is dissolved.
- Place salad ingredients in a lidded container. Pour dressing over the top. Place lid on container and shake to coat salad.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for six hours. Can be served sooner if needed or left longer.
Our FREE Provisioning Spreadsheet
Wondering how much of what foods to take on your next trip? Know just how much to buy of what — all arranged by grocery store aisle — with our handy Provisioning Spreadsheet. Includes detailed instructions to edit it for your favorite foods, how much your family eats, and how long you’ll be gone. No spreadsheet skills needed!
It’s FREE — get it here.
800+ recipes made from readily-obtainable ingredients with hand utensils, including numerous choices to suit every taste. Recipes are all boat-friendly: designed to be made with limited water and electrical appliances and frequent options for making with non-refrigerated ingredients. Get it in our store, on Amazon, or for Kindle.