I’ve always loved Three Bean Salad and it’s extremely boat-friendly, but it’s not exactly low carb. So I created a version that’s diabetic-friendly. Be sure to watch portion sizes as almost anything can have too many carbs if the portion is too large.
In this recipe, the tomatoes and green onion are the things to watch for in particular — both can cause blood sugar spikes if too much are used. If I am making this salad for a larger group, I’ll use half green beans and half wax beans for a variety.
I’ve written before about the sugar substitute Allulose. I like it better than others. It tastes better, fully dissolves and for cooking and baking will brown just like sugar. It does not raise my blood sugar as it is not metabolized. As far as I know, you can only buy it on Amazon.
Keto Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup Allulose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted olives (Kalamata are best)
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, including top
- Mix dressing ingredients in a container that can hold at least one cup. Stir until Allulose is dissolved.
- Place salad ingredients in a lidded container. Pour dressing over the top. Place lid on container and shake to coat salad.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for six hours. Can be served sooner if needed or left longer.