This is one of my favorite “5-Minute Meals” as it seems like a real meal, not something you’ve just thrown together so that there’s something on the table.
- 2/3 cup instant couscous
- 1 cup water (use liquid from chicken and make up rest with water)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (, including liquid OR 2 large tomatoes, diced)
- 1 (5-ounce) can chicken, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon (use oregano or Italian spices if you don’t have tarragon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or chicken bouillon powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Bring water to boil, add dash of salt and couscous. Cover and turn off heat – couscous will cook itself in 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and check to see if more water is needed.
At the same time, place tomatoes in small pan and heat to boiling. Add tarragon, chicken, salt and pepper, stirring very gently so as not to break up the chunks of chicken. Turn off heat, cover and let stand 2 – 3 minutes to heat chicken through.
To serve, place the couscous in bowls and put the chicken mixture over the top.
Calories from Fat 909
Like it? Pin it for later!