Looking for a bit of true decadence for Valentine’s Day or another special evening? Make up a batch of these Chocolate Truffles.
Then, after dinner on that special night, grab a dish of these and your favorite beverage (maybe coffee if it’s chilly) and head up to the cockpit or foredeck to watch the stars as you snuggle with your sweetie . . .
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (18 ounces)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Optional, to roll truffles in:
- flaked coconut
- chocolate sprinkles
- colored sprinkles
- finely chopped nuts
- Melt chocolate chips over very low heat. Add the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk and stir until everything is totally blended.
- Chill about 2 hours or until the chocolate mixture can be handled.
- Shape into 1-inch balls—a melon baller is ideal for this, or you can use a teaspoon. The more you use your hands, the more the chocolate will melt and become a sticky mess.
- If desired, roll the balls in coconut, sprinkles, cocoa or nuts. If the weather is over 70 degrees, keep truffles in the refrigerator in a plastic food storage box with a lid until just ready to serve.