We’re closing in on the New Year! Even if you don’t make resolutions (I don’t), most of us do tend to take stock and look forward at what the next year will bring.
If you’re thinking about cruising or actively preparing, I’d like to offer you some encouragement. Every day, do just one thing towards the dream. Keep the momentum going!
Living on a boat and cruising involve a lot more than just learning to operate the boat and its systems. More than navigation. More than repair and maintenance. Those are the things that first come to mind about the lifestyle. And there are lots of good resources out there on those topics.
What’s not talked about so much is the transition to living on a boat. I’d like to think that’s where The Boat Galley comes in. How to actually live on a boat and cruise:
- How to prepare for trips
- How to get the most out of your equipment
- How to cook in a small, moving space with a tiny fridge
- How to navigate the lifestyle
- What products work well and stand up to salt water, constant motion, and limited water for cleaning
While you can read individual articles about various aspects of these issues, the learning curve is still steep. And that’s why I’ve been developing affordable online courses to pull things all together and take the overwhelm out of as much of this as possible.
- Eating Well With A Tiny Fridge – maximize your refrigerator space and go up to three weeks without restocking
- Unwritten Rules Of The Cruising Life – learn about a whole new lifestyle
- Get Ready To Cruise The Bahamas – if you’re on the East Coast of the US, the Bahamas are likely to be your first international stop. This course will tell you everything you need to know before you go and it will serve as a blueprint when you prepare for other destinations.
- Storage Solutions — making the most of the space you have, without killing your boat’s performance.
- VHF Radios — everything you need to know
- Comprehensive Hurrican Prep for Boats — few places are risk-free. Give your boat it’s best chance.
You may also be interested in my four free mini-courses.
As always, I’m thrilled to have you as part of The Boat Galley and can’t wait to see what next year brings for all of us!
Be sure to subscribe to The Boat Galley newsletter to keep up with what we’re up to and get helpful tips and encouragement from the water.
Our FREE Provisioning Spreadsheet
Wondering how much of what foods to take on your next trip? Know just how much to buy of what — all arranged by grocery store aisle — with our handy Provisioning Spreadsheet. Includes detailed instructions to edit it for your favorite foods, how much your family eats, and how long you’ll be gone. No spreadsheet skills needed!
It’s FREE — get it here.