While cruising, it sometimes feels good to eat homey favorites–like meatloaf. Think you can’t make it if you don’t have an oven on board?
No problem. Here’s how to bake meatloaf on the stove top.
Meatloaf for the Omnia Oven
- ½ cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef, the leaner the better
- In a large bowl, mix the catsup, mustard, Worcestershire, pepper, egg and bread crumbs.
- Crumble the meat and add it to the bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in the Omnia food pan; using the silicone liner will make clean up much easier. Pat it down firmly and cover.
- Place the pan on the Omnia base and turn the burner to medium heat (no need to preheat). Bake for 45 minutes.
- The best way to test for doneness is with an instant-read thermometer. Stick it into the center of the meatloaf, away from the pan. When the bread is done, it will read at least 160° F. If you do not have an instant-read thermometer, there should be no red juices if you cut into the meat loaf.
- Let meat loaf stand at least 10 minutes before cutting so that it does not have such a tendency to fall apart.
Don’t have an Omnia? Buy your Omnia Stove-Top Oven at Amazon.Some links above (including all Amazon links) are affiliate links, meaning that I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.