For some folks, it just isn’t the holidays unless you make green bean casserole. But what if you don’t have an oven on board?
With an Omnia Stove-Top Oven, it’s easy. Here’s the recipe and tips for you to make it on your boat.
Oh, and if you don’t know about the Omnia yet, check out my post on the details for using the Omnia Stove-Top Oven.
Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cans French cut green beans 15 – 16 oz.
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup 10 1/2 oz.
- 1 package French fried onions 3-6 oz. depending on personal preference
- Drain green beans very well and place in a medium bowl.
- Add soup and half the onions; mix well.
- Prepare Omnia food pan either by putting silicone liner in it or greasing it well. Using the silicone liner will make cleanup much easier but it will not hold as much as the pan without the liner.
- Put green bean mixture into prepared food pan and put lid on pan.
- Place Omnia base plate on burner and covered food pan on it (no need to preheat).
- Turn burner to just slightly over medium and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Quickly sprinkle the remaining onions on top of green beans and replace lid, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve directly from the pan by spoonfuls, keeping the onions on top.
Calories from Fat 135