A quick, warm piece of bread can make any meal. Thanks to the Omnia Stovetop Oven, you can make one even if your boat galley doesn’t have an oven. Here’s how.
Cornbread for the Omnia Oven
- One box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or other box mix that says it can be baked in an 8” x 8” pan
- Eggs according to package directions generally 1 egg
- milk according to package directions generally 1/3 cup of milk or water
- Mix the corn bread batter according to package directions.
- Grease and flour the food pan. Do not use the silicone liner – bread will not brown properly with it. Place batter in pan and smooth to uniform depth. Place the lid on the pan.
- Let batter rest while preheating the base of the Omnia over high heat for three minutes.
- Place the covered pan on the Omnia base and leave the burner set at high for one minute. Then turn the burner down to medium and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- The best way to test for doneness is with an instant-read thermometer. Stick it into the center of the loaf, away from the pan. When the bread is done, it will read at least 190° F. If you do not have an instant-read thermometer, the top of the bread should look totally dry and the edges be very slightly separated from the pan.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot with plenty of butter!
Our FREE Provisioning Spreadsheet
Wondering how much of what foods to take on your next trip? Know just how much to buy of what — all arranged by grocery store aisle — with our handy Provisioning Spreadsheet. Includes detailed instructions to edit it for your favorite foods, how much your family eats, and how long you’ll be gone. No spreadsheet skills needed!
It’s FREE — get it here.
800+ recipes made from readily-obtainable ingredients with hand utensils, including numerous choices to suit every taste. Recipes are all boat-friendly: designed to be made with limited water and electrical appliances and frequent options for making with non-refrigerated ingredients. Get it in our store, on Amazon, or for Kindle.