A quick, warm piece of bread can make any meal. Thanks to the Omnia Stovetop Oven, you can make one even if your boat galley doesn’t have an oven. Here’s how.
Some links in this article (including all Amazon links) are affiliate links, meaning that we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cornbread for the Omnia Oven
Delicious with chili, stew or hearty winter soups!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- One box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or other box mix that says it can be baked in an 8” x 8” pan
- Eggs according to package directions generally 1 egg
- milk according to package directions generally 1/3 cup of milk or water
- Mix the corn bread batter according to package directions.
- Grease and flour the food pan. Do not use the silicone liner – bread will not brown properly with it. Place batter in pan and smooth to uniform depth. Place the lid on the pan.
- Let batter rest while preheating the base of the Omnia over high heat for three minutes.
- Place the covered pan on the Omnia base and leave the burner set at high for one minute. Then turn the burner down to medium and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- The best way to test for doneness is with an instant-read thermometer. Stick it into the center of the loaf, away from the pan. When the bread is done, it will read at least 190° F. If you do not have an instant-read thermometer, the top of the bread should look totally dry and the edges be very slightly separated from the pan.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot with plenty of butter!
Leave a Reply