While you can certainly make traditional rolled biscuits in the Omnia Stove Top Baking Oven, drop biscuits are much easier and there’s a lot less mess to clean up. It only takes about 5 minutes to mix them up and put them in the pan, then 10 minutes to bake.
Read more about the Omnia here or buy it from either of these two sellers:
Drop Biscuits for the Omnia Oven
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Batter will be thick but not stiff.Â As flour can vary a bit, add a few drops of milk if it's too stiff.
- Preheat the base of the Omnia over high heat for three minutes while doing the next step.
- Grease the food pan with a little vegetable oil or dab of butter or margarine. Drop the biscuits by equal spoonfuls, spacing them out evenly around the pan. Place the lid on the pan.
- ￼Place the pan on the Omnia base and leave the burner set at high for one minute. Then turn the burner down to medium and bake for 9 minutes. The tops of the biscuits will not be brown, but they will look cooked. If you're not sure if they're done, quickly stick a knife into the center of one — there should not be any raw dough on it when removed.
- Serve hot!