If you’ve living off the grid — that is, at anchor — what electrical “goodies” can you reasonably have and how do you power them?
We believe in “no amp ogres” — that is, no saying that we can’t use something that we have installed because of the power it will require.
Listen in for our 4-step approach to having sufficient power for the things we want on our boat.
Links to items mentioned:
- LEDs from Cruising Solutions
- SolarKandle Rail Light (Amazon)
- Luci lights (Amazon, multiple styles)
- Battery watering system (Amazon) — read more about it here
- Flow Rite Qwik-Fill 2-battery kit for Group 24, 27, 29 and 31
- Flow Rite Qwik-Fill 1-battery kit for Group 24, 27, 29 and 31
- Flow Rite Pro-Fill Golf Cart 2-Battery Kit
- Flow Rite Pump Assembly (one needed no matter how many batteries) — the same pump is used for both 12-volt and golf cart systems
Prefer to read? Check out No Amp Ogres!
Be sure to subscribe to The Boat Galley podcast to get new episodes automatically in your podcast player.
If you use iTunes, click on the button at left. Otherwise, open your podcast app and search for “The Boat Galley,” then subscribe. You can also find it on Spotify, Google Play Music, TuneIn, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
Music: “Slow Down” by Yvette Craig