If you’re living off the grid — that is, at anchor — what electrical “goodies” can you reasonably have and how do you power them?
We believe in “no amp ogres” — that is, no saying that we can’t use something that we have installed because of the power it will require.
Listen in for our 4-step approach to having sufficient power for the things we want on our boat.
Links to items mentioned:
- LEDs from Cruising Solutions
- SolarKandle Rail Light (Amazon)
- Luci lights (Amazon, multiple styles)
- Battery watering system (Amazon) — read more about it here
- Flow Rite Qwik-Fill 2-battery kit for Group 24, 27, 29 and 31
- Flow Rite Qwik-Fill 1-battery kit for Group 24, 27, 29 and 31
- Flow Rite Pro-Fill Golf Cart 2-Battery Kit
- Flow Rite Pump Assembly (one needed no matter how many batteries) — the same pump is used for both 12-volt and golf cart systems
Prefer to read? Check out No Amp Ogres!Be sure to subscribe to The Boat Galley podcast to get new episodes automatically in your podcast player.