Another great cutting board — I think I like this the best of any I’ve ever owned! Which isn’t to say I don’t also like my OXO one that I wrote about here, just that I like this one even better.
Recently, my “second” cutting board (not the OXO) broke in two after nearly 20 years of use and abuse on a lot of camping trips. I had seen the Dexas when a friend brought it to a function at our sailing club, and decided to get one for myself.
Reasons I like it:
- The shape is great for sliding foods off the cutting board right into a skillet. I don’t spill nearly as often!
- The rounded-up edges also do a better job of containing juices (think ripe tomatoes or meat). Great on a boat that moves!
- Non-slip on the bottom (see photo at right). It doesn’t slide on the counter, even when I’m not holding it.
- The material doesn’t dull my knives and it’s very easy to clean.
- Bleach solution doesn’t hurt it (I spray my cutting board with bleach solution after using it to disinfect it.)
- LOVE the handle on the end — makes it really easy to hold and lift with food on it.
About the only disadvantage that I’ve found so far is that it takes a little more storage space than a totally flat board such as the Oxo. The Dexas Chop and Scoop comes in three sizes — I had the 11 by 15 when living ashore and found it a really good size, but check both your counter and storage space. Available on Amazon:
- Dexas Chop and Scoop, 9-1/2 x 13 (this is the size I now have on Barefoot Gal due to storage space limits)
- Dexas Chop and Scoop, 6-1/2 x 10-1/2 (this is a pretty small board!)