Camping or boating with no refrigerator . . . or only a tiny one?
Want great meals, using fresh food, on your next camping or boating adventure?
Have truly great meals without refrigeration when you learn how to store the foods you love!
No more pre-packaged meals or bowls of glop.
Instead, have fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, eggs, cheese, sour cream and everything else you need for delicious, satisfying meals.
Eat whatever you want. Chili. Clam Chowder. Tacos. Jambalaya. Crab cakes. Your choice of cold cereal, yogurt, oatmeal or bacon and eggs for breakfast. Salads. Even pizza.
Yes, it’s possible. With The Boat Galley Guide to Storing Food without Refrigeration. 121 pages covering meat, vegetables, fruit, milk, butter, cheese, eggs, yogurt, condiments and more.
SALE — regularly $9.99, now $7!
“Storing Food without Refrigeration came out just in time for our provisioning for a long trip to the Bahamas; I’ve saved a few hundred bucks already because of it.”
Cory Nickerson, S/V In the Mood
Whether you are boating, camping, canoeing or pursuing other adventures, trying to make good meals without refrigeration can be frustrating. The questions mount:
- I’m sick of pre-packaged shelf-stable meals. What else can I take?
- Is there any way I could have a salad? Or any fresh veggie?
- How can we have meat? Any time I’ve tried canned meat, it ends up as unappetizing mush.
- How about eggs and milk? The powdered ones I’ve tried have been horrible!
- I have a refrigerator in my boat/camper, but it’s tiny! What doesn’t need to be in there?
- Last trip, we took a cooler and water from the ice got into every package in there. YUCK! What did we do wrong?
The frustration continues as you search for answers. You spend days combing the internet and find little to give you confidence that the next trip will be better. Nothing that puts it all together. Well, nothing until now.
The Boat Galley Guide to Storing Food without Refrigeration is designed to end the frustration and give you the in-depth information you need to create your favorite meals from real ingredients:
- Exactly how to store fresh food without refrigeration
- What produce can last a month or more, and what needs to be eaten within days
- Great alternative products that don’t require refrigeration (not dehydrated meals-in-a-bag)
- What foods don’t need to be refrigerated
- Easy ways to help foods last longer without spoiling
- How to make sour cream, yogurt and ricotta cheese without refrigerated ingredients
- Simple techniques for cooking with canned meats to preserve the flavor and texture – no more unidentifiable blobs
- If you’re lucky enough to have a cooler available, how to set it up so food doesn’t get waterlogged
Yes, you really can have good meals without refrigeration!
“I’ve been feeling discouraged about not having refrigeration (on our boat) . . . Your book has me feeling excited about trying some new things. Thank you so much!”
Pamela Douglas Webster, S/V Meander
Tested Food Storage Techniques
The food storage methods in Storing Food without Refrigeration aren’t something I’ve tried for only a few days or tested in an air-conditioned home kitchen. I’ve refined the techniques I explain over a lifetime of adventures: tent camping for four months without even a cooler (twice!), week-long canoe trips, nine weeks camping in Africa, ten weeks across the western U.S. (had a cooler on that trip!) and close to a hundred shorter trips.
For ten years, I’ve lived on a sailboat with such a tiny refrigerator that I still had to store most of our food outside it. In short, I know what actually works – and all the little tips that make the difference between success and failure.
In Storing Food without Refrigeration, I’ve organized everything I know into an easy-to-follow guide aimed straight at giving you the skills to create great meals from real ingredients. In doing so, I’ve included a great deal of information that has not been published on The Boat Galley.
What Storing Food without Refrigeration Covers
Sixteen chapters – 121 pages – cover virtually every food that you might think impossible to have without refrigeration:
- Meat and seafood
- Fruit and vegetables
- Herbs and spices
- Milk, cream and sour cream
- Butter and margarine
Shopping, meal planning and related questions are also answered:
- What should I buy at the grocery store? Farmer’s market?
- Are there things I should get online?
- What foods are good to take fresh and what’s best canned?
- Can I take any frozen food? What other options are there?
- Are dehydrated and powdered foods ever worthwhile?
- How long will various food last without refrigeration?
- If I want to take a cooler, what type is best?
You’ll get over 60 main dish ideas and even a four-day sample meal plan to help you see what’s possible. No unrealistic gourmet meals, but great-tasting everyday dishes.
Download Now & Start Reading
Download The Boat Galley Guide to Storing Food without Refrigeration now for only $
9.99 $7.00. It’s a 121-page PDF that can be read almost any device: computer, tablet, smartphone, or Kindle (PDF). On any system: Windows, Mac, Apple, Android. You may download it on more than one device and/or print it out for your own use.
- an immediate link to download The Boat Galley Guide to Storing Food without Refrigeration
- three immediate BONUS downloads:
- a 28-page excerpt of The Boat Galley Cookbook with 30 recipes (almost all of which you can make with non-refrigerated ingredients!)
- my Greek Yogurt recipe that’s designed to be made from powdered milk
- a printable list of Instant-Read Thermometer Temperatures for safe cooking
- a FREE subscription to The Boat Galley Newsletter – a weekly email with tips on storing food and cooking in limited space as well as info related to living on a boat and cruising
P.S. Don’t be intimidated by the thought of trying to prepare great meals without refrigeration. You can make great-tasting healthy meals that everyone will love. Chili. Clam Chowder. Tacos. Jambalaya. Crab cakes. Your choice of cold cereal, yogurt, oatmeal or even bacon and eggs for breakfast. Salads, weeks after provisioning. Even pizza. Really.
NO RISK: If you’re not happy with your purchase of Storing Food without Refrigeration, just let me know within 60 days of buying, and I’ll give you your money back.