Make your own taco seasoning: you control how spicy or mild it is, naturally low sodium and much cheaper than buying packets.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Carbs (g): 8
- 1/2-1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano Or Italian seasoning.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Omit for milder version.
Makes enough to season 1 pound of meat.
Make as mild or spicy as you desire by changing the amount of chili powder and cayenne.
If you use the full amounts of the chili powder and cayenne, this is spicier than most packaged mixes. It probably won’t make tears come to your eyes, but it’s definitely spicy. I like it, but I like things spicier than most Midwesterners (those used to eating Tex-Mex probably won’t find it overly hot).
If using with ground beef, sprinkle over meat as it’s browning. If using with fish or chicken, coat meat before cooking.
Do not add any water to the meat.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Vitamin A 1395IU28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.